Play the massive board game that is Dominion. Take on the role of a monarch as you strive to expand and strengthen your rule! This is a game of building a deck of cards. The deck contains your resources, victory points, and the things you can do. It starts out a small sad collection of Estates and Coppers, but you hope that by the end of the game it will be brimming with Gold, Provinces, and the inhabitants and structures of your kingdom.
Each copy of the base game includes the following components:
- 130 Basic Treasure Cards
- 60 "Copper" Cards
- 40 "Silver" Cards
- 30 "Gold" Cards
- 48 Basic Victory Cards
- 24 "Estate" Cards
- 12 "Duchy" Cards
- 12 "Province" Cards
- 252 Kingdom Cards
- 10 each of Adventurer, Bureaucrat, Cellar, Chancellor, Chapel, Council Room, Feast, Festival, Laboratory, Library, Market, Militia, Mine, Moat, Moneylender, Remodel, Smithy, Spy, Thief, Throne Room, Village, Witch, Woodcutter, Workshop
- 12 Gardens
- 30 Curse Cards
- 33 Placeholder/"Randomizer" Cards
- 7 Blank Cards
- Storage Tray
When a board game gains a deal of popularity, expansions are likely to follow. Dominion is no different and has a ton of expansions to enhance your game. Some of the expansions include Adventures, Alchemy, Guilds & Cornucopia, Dark Ages and Hinterlands. Any group looking to extend the playability of Dominion would be well served by any of these sets.
Expansions that are currently available include:
- Seaside This set includes cards based on sea travel, piracy and islands
- Adventures Introducing the return of duration cards
- Guilds & Cornucopia The cards from Dominion: Cornucopia — 13 new Kingdom cards, plus 5 unique cards — are focused on variety, with cards that reward you for having a variety of cards in your deck, in your hand, and in play, in addition to cards that help you get that variety.
- Nocturne This set includes Night cards, which are played after the Buy phase; Heirlooms that replace starting Coppers; Fate and Doom cards that give out Boons and Hexes; and a variety of extra cards that other cards can provide.
- Hinterlands It adds 26 new Kingdom cards to Dominion, including 20 Actions, 3 Treasures, 3 Victory cards, and 3 Reactions. The central theme is cards that do something immediately when you buy them or gain them.
- Intrigue contains 26 Kingdom card types that can be used with the base game.
- Renaissance The set introduces tokens that let you save coins and actions for later, Projects that grant abilities, and Artifacts to fight over.
- Alchemy This expansion includes cards based upon the historical art of Alchemy
- Menagerie There are Horses that save a draw for later, Exile mats that cards can be sent to and rescued from, and Ways that give Actions another option.
The Dominion base game makes for an excellent gift or to pick up for your gaming group! The base game is designed for 2-4 players, so it is perfect for a smaller group. The expansions offer hours upon hours of additional fun as they introduce exciting new mechanics!
Look at the related products section below to see the base game and its expansions. If you're looking for something else, then why not take a look at our entire range of board games by clicking on the button below? If you can't find what you're looking for, let us know in the comments below or on our social media and we'll do our best to get it in stock for you.